Monday, March 14, 2011

Polson's Riley Lemm takes a look at March Madness

Polson soccer player Riley Lemm has done the research, consulted the expects, poured over game tape and posted who he thinks will go far in the NCAA Tournament. You can check out his blog, Mas Sports, and read what he had to say about March Madness down below.



Ok, here’s a little bit of Bracketology for that good ol March Madness. I’m not an expert by any means, but I watch a lot of ESPN, and many college ball games this year.

Big East is strong, Pitt, UConn, Notre Dame, G-Town, St. Johns, Marquette, Cincy, West Virginia, Nova, Syracuse, and Louisville. I expect the Big East to be the most dominant conference in the NCAA Tournament this year. I have Notre Dame winning a National Championship with 3 other Big East teams: Syracuse, Pitt, and Louisville in the Elite Eight. Notre Dame has been playing some amazing basketball of late, with Abromaitis and Hansbrough coming into fine form.

Ohio St. will also make a strong run for the title this year. They have an all-star team, with their sharp shooting seniors: Jon Diebler and David Lighty, and their stud freshman post Jared Sullinger.  I expect Ohio St. to make the Championship Game, but lose.

BYU is my Dark Horse of the tournament. I have them making a run to the Final 4. They will be carried by their star, Mr. Jimmer Fredette. He rattled off an astounding 52 points against New Mexico. He has the scoring ability to carry his team to the Final 4 and break the NCAA Tournament Scoring record set by Glen Rice of Michigan, who scored 184 points in 6 games.



Texas is another team I have going far in the tournament. During the middle of the season when they were playing well, they were dominating teams, entirely destroying them. I belive that they are back to the form they were in mid-season and ready to make a run to the Final 4.


My major opening round upset is #12 Richmond knocking off #5 Vandy.  Richmond is a good team that has had a good season, Vandy, has a good shooter in John Jenkins, but I think Richmond is going to shut him down.

I have both Duke and Kansas, both 1 seeds, losing in the Sweet 16. Kansas has had some struggles this season, most exemplified in their loss to Kansas St. and I think Louisville will be able to beat them.

Duke, a good team, but depth and injuries could be a problem for them. They are missing one of their stars in Kyrie Irving, and if any other player on their team was to suffer an injury they would be shot. I have them losing to Texas, a team that will wear them down with their athletic play.

Here is my Bracket, If you like it or dislike it give me some feedback. I am made an ESPN group called Mas Sports. Join it and see if your bracket beats mine.

 (Click on the bracket to get a better view)

No comments:

Post a Comment