Sunday, April 3, 2011

C-Fall's Emerson to walk on for Griz

Polson Pirates and Ronan Chiefs fans certainly know about Columbia Falls' Nick Emerson. He helped lead the Wildcats' to a divisional and state championship this year in boys' basketball. Now we may have to root for the guy since he'll be walking on at the University of Montana...

(From Dillon Tabish of the Daily Inter Lake)

Nick Emerson was not afraid of taking the game-winning shot in the divisional championship game.

The Columbia Falls senior isn't afraid of taking a shot at playing Division I basketball either.

The 6-foot-5 all-state point guard will be a walk-on for the Montana Grizzlies men's basketball team next year.

Emerson averaged 16.63 points-per-game and led the Wildcats to a 22-1 record and the Class A state championship this season.

He will be the first player from Columbia Falls in at least 15 years to play at the Division I level.

"I've heard of people that have gone to junior colleges so they could develop more because they wanted a shot to play at the Division I level ... I had my shot now so I figured I'd take it," he said. "I realize what I'm going to have to do and how hard I have to work, but I'm taking it like it's a challenge."

No comments:

Post a Comment