Friday, October 15, 2010

Last night in Lake County Sports... Oct. 14


Click "read more" to get the full breakdown of sports in the Mission Valley last night. (And no, Michael Jordan did not dunk of Craig Ehlo in the Mission Valley last night).


So it's not quite basketball season yet but since they just release NBA 2K11 with Michael Jordan and NBA Jam, I feel like it's 1996 all over again. There has been something I have to get off my chest though. For many years, I long made fun of Craig Ehlo for getting schooled by Michael Jordan. On May 7 of this year when I still worked for a radio station in Spokane, our sports show invited Craig Ehlo in to talk about "The Shot" on the anniversary of the very day it happened. Since he did the television commentary for Gonzaga basketball, I would constantly berate him on facebook and twitter for the statements he would make during games, probably just so I could feel better about myself.

Then I met him on person.

Let me tell you, I've never met a nicer guy that has as much  an athletic pedigree as Ehlo. And man, does he make a good radio interview. On that day we talked to him, he had several phone calls from all over the country from media outlets wanting to talk to him about "The Shot" and he took it all on stride. I guess when the greatest basketball player of all-time makes a shot over you, you've just got to swallow your pride.

I swallow my pride too, I should have been making fun of Ehlo, he's actually a pretty awesome guy.

Now on to last night in Lake County Sports...


Class C

Charlo defeats Arlee
25-22, 25-17, 25-23

The Lady Vikings tied Arlee for the District 10-C lead with the 3-0 victory last night. Rachel Hoyt led Charlo with nine kills and Dawn Blevins had 13 digs. Arlee had 159 team digs in the match. Here are some photos I took from the match...









Class A

Polson defeats Libby 

25-14, 25-20, 25-19

Polson won their eighth straight game and are 6-0 in the Northwestern A Conference after a night that saw 11 kills from Breanne Kelley. They'll go to the Missoula Invitational Tournament this weekend.

Stevensville defeats Ronan

25-21, 25-19, 23-25, 25-19

Alice Van Guten had 14 kills and Marissa McCrea had 20 digs but the Maidens fell to Stevensville 3-1.

Wrestling
Several Mission Valley wrestlers were on hand for the Montana-Northern wrestling challenge last night in Ronan. Here are some photos I took from the college wrestling event...











No comments:

Post a Comment