Friday, November 13, 2009

Day two, part four: an eagle

So in the last two hours, I have ate four cookies, drank cups of Mountain Dew and been harassed by a life-size, furry eagle.

Yes, an eagle.

Class A Fergus’ mascot is an eagle. So, in true mascot fashion, the eagle wandered around the arena, playing with little kids and messing with those in the stands, including me.

There was a small child who was afraid of the bird, screaming bloody murder and running back to his mother.

If my mom was here, I would have ran to her too, so she could tell the animal to leave me alone. I’m working.

All in all, the bird was kinda funny to watch wander around. The looks people threw its way were of amusement and wonder.

Fergus won and will face Polson. I guess I’ll have to avoid the eagle during that game.

From my perch in the stands, I can see all four games going on. It is a nightmare for someone who has attention span issues. My focus jumps each time a section of the crowd cheers.

Class C is running away with my unofficial award for best fans. Each team’s town seems to have cleared out and attended the tournament. Large student sections dressed in their team’s colors yell (very encouraging) things.

There must be an uneven step or something at the top of section 108. I have counted 10 people trip on that step since I sat down. I try not to laugh, as I am just as clumsy and have tripped over my computer cord three or so times in the media room, but it gets me every time.

Some say easily amused.

I wouldn’t disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment