Thursday, November 12, 2009

State tournament, Day one

First off, sorry about the late update. There is a snowstorm in Bozeman and the Internet at the arena was knocked out for some time.

Polson opened up play in the Class A tourney facing Anaconda.

In three sets, Polson lost 23-25, 21-25, 18-25.

Stats:

Aces: Kayla Duford, 3

Nicole Davey, 1

Marissa McCrea, 1

Kills: Breanne Kelley, 12

Nicole Davey, 9

Assists: Kayla Duford, 25

Blocks: Nicole Davey, 1

Sallie Sams, 1

Digs: Staci Benson, 23

Kayla Duford, 22

Christa Red Crow, 16

Polson didn’t have the blocking to stop Anaconda’s kills. The Pirates were able to use their back row and dig up the kills.

Polson will take on Hardin, the second seed form the central division tomorrow morning at 10 a.m.

Libby beat Stevensville in three 25-15; 25-19; 25-15. Jackie Mee was on point and Stevensville couldn’t control her kills. The Loggers are playing Billings Central as I type away. Its updated after each game is over.

Here is the Class A bracket after the first day of competition.

Tomorrow, I hope to have a more frequently updated blog. Hopefully, the snow will stop. There were grumblings that another foot of snow will fall overnight.

I love snow and winter but when I’m driving in a city/state that I’m unfamiliar with, it can be nerve-wracking.

Yes, I did get lost on the way to the gym, but I found my way after a good 15-minute scenic tour of Bozeman.

The state tournament atmosphere is pretty cool. There are four games going on at one time. The media room is also something I’ve never experienced before. Every reporter is set up with their laptop, typing away. They all seem to know each other and no one is worried about “the competition.”

In between games, its packed and the competition to find a table spot rivals the competition happening in the games. Many have two or more teams to follow and are constantly emailing, writing or editing pictures, sometimes all at once.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day. I’m going to cover Polson and Libby, so I’m going to end this one early.

No comments:

Post a Comment